BEN-TZION SPITZ, Professional CV
Summary: Strategist, technologist, manager, doer.
- Excellent people and communication skills.
- Proven team builder, relationship manager, and executive leadership.
- Strong global business, software and technology background.
- Significant management experience.
- Ability to conceptualize new applications, products and services.
- Creativity, execution, strategic planning, and budgeting.
- Sales management, business development and deal-closer.
- Proven ability to set protocols, goals, and missions for subordinate business units and to integrate new activities into the global enterprise.
VP of Corporate Strategy, The Parts Authority, USA June 2017 – present
Established in 1972, The Parts Authority has become one of the largest aftermarket automotive/truck part distributors throughout the country.
- Developing corporate strategy to navigate changing automotive aftermarket realities.
- Responsible for identifying new threats and opportunities to the organization.
- Exploration of new technologies for integration.
- Export and new business development.
- Investments and strategic relationships.
Consultant July 2000 – present
Freelance technology consultant providing services to a broad spectrum of companies.
- Product Manager for development of web-based oil trading marketplace as part of new business unit for $5 Billion commodities and logistics corporation.
- Performed Scoping Study for construction of $300 Million wind farm, including data analysis and predictive forecasts based on historical and measured wind speeds.
- Advised on strategic incorporation of new industrial and software technologies.
- Conducted due diligence and investment in software and technology start-up companies.
Within consultancy framework served as CEO of Nanolayers Ltd, a start-up company developing novel Organic Semiconductors. Activities included:
- Negotiated with Hebrew University to commercialize Nanolayers technology.
- Raised initial round of financing, including investment from Intel Capital.
- Established and conducted technical and business discussions with microelectronic manufacturers.
- Oversaw reactor design and construction work.
Director, Sales & Marketing, Pulsar Ltd., Israel March 1998 – June 2000
Engineering company with new industrial processes based on electromagnetic technology.
- Management responsibilities for key technology developments.
- Developed computerized system for faster filtering and identification of relevant applications.
- Drove global marketing and sales of products and services.
- Closed contracts with industrial leaders Pratt & Whitney, General Motors and more.
- Conceptualized and developed new technology applications.
- Negotiated with major strategic technical and marketing partners.
- Key interface to investors, lawyers and other supporting professionals.
- Organized intellectual rights work, writing patents and buying intellectual property.
Senior Vice President, CADComp Ltd., Israel November 1996 – February 1998
Software company creating online catalogs and programs for Computer-Aided Design schematics (early competitor of AutoCAD).
- Software architecture.
- Product Manager for major software projects
- Responsible for global marketing and sales of software products and services.
- Negotiated and closed sales and representative agreements worldwide.
- Early use of intelligent agents for predictive creation of CAD drawings.
Operations Manager, Clearway Automotive Group, NY, USA May 1994 – April 1996
Automotive parts distributor. 6 locations, over 200 employees, over $40 million in sales.
- Data Analysis and Engineering – Extracted raw data from legacy systems, cleaned, formatted and manipulated data to provide management with a variety of sales and inventory tools.
- Sales – Prepared custom designed orders for customers, monitored account activity, dealt with customer complaints, supervised credit issuance, and ran educational workshops.
- Purchasing – Developed programs for accurate price comparisons, sharper purchasing strategies, inventory and sales monitoring, popularity ratings and selling options — saved over $5 million in operating costs.
Nuclear Engineer, Raytheon Engineers & Constructors, NY, USA May 1991 – April 1994
Global engineering firm, involved in defense, energy, transportation and manufacturing.
- Dialed up programs into Cray Supercomputer for massive nuclear reactor calculations.
- Worked with Monte Carlo simulation algorithms to determine decay parameters of nuclear fuel.
- Designed program to test schedule, budget, manpower, and materials requirements for large government and private sector facilities and projects.
- Co-authored and produced winning proposal for billion dollar fusion reactor (ITER).
- Managed multidisciplinary team of engineers to produce technical designs.
- Designed and operated online system to develop logistics and operations for large nuclear government installation.
- Calculated reactor core and shielding geometries for new facilities.
MS in Mechanical Engineering, May 1992
Columbia University, New York, NY
BA in Engineering, May 1990
Yeshiva University, New York, NY
English – Mother tongue
Spanish – Fluent
Hebrew – Fluent
Portuguese – Basic